POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Duh, what's a man to do...? : Re: Duh, what's a man to do...? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Duh, what's a man to do...?
From: gregjohn
Date: 25 Jul 2008 08:10:00
Message: <web.4889c22029778c634d207310@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> Ok, so my boss sends me 350 MB's of PDF files. There's 72 files, half of
> which are "web resolution at 72dpi" and the other half are "full printing
> resolution at 300 dpi".
>
>   The files are images of our catalogue, and of course they are all seperate
> pages. They want me to put something together to show it as a catalogue for
> our customers on our website, I.E., they download it).

Cynical guess: they were originally created in some format which was much more
web-friendly, or easily exportable to HTML in the original application, but
he's giving you high resolution bitmaps of printouts.

You may have a duty as a computer scientist to stop this problem from happening
again next time.